View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #739
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Joss Whedon developing Marvel SHIELD series for ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I hope SHIELD doesn't turn out to have the same tone as NCIS though. That gets tiresome after a while with the likes of Dinozo, Abby, McGee and even Ziva doing their silly routine. And yet, that's almost like early Joss Whedon. I preferred the tone of JAG to NCIS where there was some humour, but not just silliness the whole time. I think NCIS was not only trying to distinguish itself from its parent show but also other series like CSI. Can't really comment on the tone of NCIS: LA as I don't really follow that.
I get what you mean; I find the "suburban justice" theme that permeates shows like NCIS and The Mentalist kind of annoying.

However, these shows have huge audiences, so with SHIELD, if it is done judiciously and draws a much bigger audience into the Marvel Universe we know and love, I'm all for it.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.