View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: Next X-Men films

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
People who buy comic books, buy action figures, watch the television shows, or buy the video games. That audience does not number much more than a few million. If you think that it accounts for a large part of the population, you are incredibly uninformed.
If that is what a definition of a Fanboy is then you are correct (To Add, I only fit 1 of the 4 descriptions of a fanboy. I really thought I was a Fanboy. Oh well) . But even the casual fan knows more than you give them credit. There are so many resources that information can be gathered that a Casual fan can be an expert with some research. Plus It just has to have that Comic Book feeling even if not all the way acurate

Quote:
Most of what people know about X-Men comes from the movies. Same with Spider-Man, Batman, Superman. For the Avengers, there are probably even less people who know about the comics.
Also true but at the height of the X-Men popularity on Fox on Sat mornings Fox has not taken advantage on those storylines. If they did at least that in the past X-Men would be a Juggernaut (Pun intended) They've in the past missed that opportunity.

Quote:
Fanboy tastes don't necessarily reflect mainstream tastes. Iron Man has never been an incredibly popular comic book character, yet he clicked with mainstream audiences. (And don't say that's because Iron Man was comic accurate. Tony Stark in the comics is NOTHING like Tony Stark in the movies.)
Dead on correct. And what Jon and Robert did with the character Tony Stark was masterful. So much so that before looking back at my collection I forgot Tony Starks original characteristics..

Quote:
So the fact that X-Men were more popular than the Avengers in comics from the mid-70s to the mid-00s doesn't mean that a "proper" X-Men movie would appeal more to the mainstream than the Avengers movie. It just means that X-Men appeal more to the typical comic book reader, who doesn't necessarily reflect the taste of the entire population.
And when I say "Done Right" that doesn't mean exactly like the comic books. It could be like the Fox cartoon past as recent as Wolverine & The X-Men. I'm just saying to not just put names on the screen (Like Sabertooths Characterization in X-Men 1) and Make a friggin Epic X-Men movie like X-2 on a constant basis. It can make a Billion dollars if its done right..

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 11-14-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote