View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #22
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Next X-Men films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
If that is what a definition of a Fanboy is then you are correct. But even the casual fan knows more than you give them credit. There are so many resources that information can be gathered that a Casual fan can be an expert with some research. Plus It just has to have that Comic Book feeling even if not all the way acurate

Also true but at the height of the X-Men popularity on Fox on Sat mornings Fox has not taken advantage on those storylines. If they did at least that in the past X-Men would be a Juggernaut (Pun intended) They've in the past missed that opportunity.

Dead on correct. And what Jon and Robert did with the character Tony Stark was masterful. So much so that before looking back at my collection I forgot Tony Starks original characteristics..

And when I say "Done Right" that doesn't mean exactly like the comic books. It could be like the Fox cartoon past as recent as Wolverine & The X-Men. I'm just saying to not just put names on the screen (Like Sabertooths Characterization in X-Men 1) and Make a friggin Epic X-Men movie like X-2 on a constant basis. It can make a Billion dollars if its done right..
If Fox had NEVER done an X-Men movie, and X-Men 1 was coming out next year? It'd be at least a $750 Million film.

The problem is, The X-Men are too over exposed to hit $1 Billion. A Billion Dollar movie isn't just a hit based on a big property. It has to capture some zeitgeist, or hit some cultural nerve, and that's VERY hard to do with your 8th movie (which would be the absolute soonest Marvel could get the property back, since Days of Future Past will be the 7th X-Man film.)

Giving Marvel the property won't automatically make it sell 120 Million tickets. Familiarity, plus inconsistency has driven audiences away from the property, and it would take a significant time putting the film on ice (10-15 years) to have an X-Man film do anywhere close to what The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, or even the Amazing Spider-Man did this year.

Last edited by KangConquers; 11-14-2012 at 12:57 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote