View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #90
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
Fox had a great thing going....?

Fox has only had one decent film in 7 years to which they've only made a 7 million dollar profit off domestically. So they have every right to be in a bit of a panic here even if Marvel Studios wasn't in the picture.
Maybe that's why the shared universe that has worked so well for Marvel is now such an attractive option!

Quote:
Avengers didn't ruin things, it's really still a matter of Fox still missing the point. Forget the shared universe ploy and work on getting your franchises in order. Get a decent script and give supporting character's some competent actors. There's too much character fodder sitting around in these Fox Marvel films.
I think a shared universe (films having to account to each other in some way) is a good step towards better continuity so things are aligned.

Not sure I understand the point on supporting characters and character fodder.

Quote:
Next, work on the special effects. It seem like most of the budget went into Magneto's epic ending leaving Beast to look like a Chubaka mask from K-mart dyed blue and slightly altered.
I agree Beast didn't look right at some points. Maybe they didn't have the money to correct it, or redo it. Here's hoping for an improvement next time.

Quote:
And at this point start on solidifying Fox Marvels continuity. If Fox had a true plan in store for the X-men franchise they're wouldn't be so many paint by numbers character's thrown into random films. Create a stable group and produce some spin off teams to interact with.
Hopefully, Fox now has a true plan in store, even if they didn't before.

Quote:
I think they honestly through Havoc into First Class w/o any thought of acknowledging him him Scott's younger brother or brother period and just like Juggernaut this slight will bring consequences later down the line. Cain Marko could've been a plot line all in itself in future First Class films.
I kinda agree with this. I was not at all a fan of Juggernaut in X3, but there is still chance to him to appear again in First Class films set in the 70s or 80s, or in a film set after X3 if he survived running into a wall on Alcatraz. Likewise, there is still chance to include Havok's relation to Scott (as an older brother, as in the Ultimate X-Men). I'm not fussed whether he is the younger or older brother on screen.

Quote:
I sincerely doubt that a shared Marvel universe as Fox currently views Marvels will help their ongoing issues. Their lack in continuity is the only thing remaining in continuity these past 12 years. And Millar pitching this 'share universes" for most part only seem's like patch work.
I agree continuity needs addressing, and I hope the idea of a 'cinematic universe' is one way towards that, because they will have to bear in mind where films fit into the timeline.

Quote:
Mark Miller hasn't addressed any of the problems I've just mentioned at all and the reason for it I think is because The Wolverine will still show signs of these issues and he doesn't wanna get caught with his foot in his mouth. But moving forward this should be addressed being that Fox did hired a writer.
Miller hasn't had chance for much influence yet. When he was hired, The Wolverine was in production on the other side of the world, and DoFP was already in development (and probably being scripted). He hasn't had any impact on either of those films.

Quote:
So again, I wouldn't put this on Avengers they did what they needed to do in order to reap the rewards. So if Fox Marvel is looking for a quick fix to their issues then rest assured that there wont be much change on their part in future films.
I hope we get more than a quick fix, or a quick buck. With any luck, Fox has seen the results that can be harvested from planning and structure.