View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #559
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

The more I think about it, does anyone wish the Jedi Order had been a bit more...exclusive. Don't get me wrong, I love the prequels for the most part, but I think a couple hundred Jedi may ahve been cooler than the known few thousand because of the effect it would have had on the OT.

In the OT, we get the Jedi as traitors, the Force as a lost magic of a different time, but when you look back, it turns out that the Jedi have only been gone for around 19 years, and it makes everything feel less...legendary I guess. I guess I like to imagine Obi-wan as being older than he is, having been a younger Jedi who was part of the final days of the Order, while Yoda had seen several generations of Jedi. And also less Jedi I think would have made Vader's conquest more impressive sicne surely the Order would have been powerful with their limited numbers.

Again, I think things are fine the way they are, but as a kid, the OT always seemed at least 20 years or more distant (roughly 40 years rather than 20) and the Jedi as a much more legendary Order than what we got.