View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

Default Re: Favourite batman director

No Batman movie director has really given me the Batman movie I'd consider one of the greatest movies of all time or anything. I do enjoy them all for various reasons but they all have their flaws. They all have their moments like I prefer the villains in Burton's movie as well as the production design and music.

I also enjoy the scope of the Nolan movies how they try to be layered in a more literal way as opposed to the thematic style in Burton's movies. TDKR ruins Nolan's series for me. Didn't really enjoy it much but I think his first 2 are up there with Burton's in terms of great pop entertainment especially TDK.

I enjoy moments in both Schumacher movies too but I can't say that I like them equally compared to the other 4 movies I really dig out of the modern WB Batman movie series. I think they have their moments of great superhero story energy and & animated comic book atmosphere and some genuine heart. But they are seldom seen especially in B&R.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men

Last edited by Cain; 11-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote