View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

Default Re: Favourite batman director

No Batman movie director has really given me the Batman movie I'd consider one of the greatest movies of all time or anything. I do enjoy them all for various reasons but they all have their flaws. They all have their moments like I prefer the villains in Burton's movie as well as the production design and music.

I also enjoy the scope of the Nolan movies how they try to be layered in a more literal way as opposed to the thematic style in Burton's movies. TDKR ruins Nolan's series for me. Didn't really enjoy it much but I think his first 2 are up there with Burton's in terms of great pop entertainment especially TDK.

I enjoy moments in both Schumacher movies too but I can't say that I like them equally compared to the other 4 movies I really dig out of the modern WB Batman movie series. I think they have their moments of great superhero story energy and & animated comic book atmosphere and some genuine heart. But they are seldom seen especially in B&R.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman & Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men

Last edited by Cain; 11-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote