View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #229
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Though, do you guys think Thor knows who Thanos is?

"I have seen the true power of the tesseract, and when I wield it-"

thor cut him off with "Who showed you this power?"

There was some concern in his voice. It wasn't a "I want to know who manipulated my brother" voice,

it was more of a "I have someone in mind, and I hope to god he isn't the one who showed you this" voice

I think we may find out that Odin has had a throw down in the past with Thanos, to which, he told his son, hence Thor's concern in his voice...this would also again support the theory that Odin has taken the IG from Thanos
Hmmm, good questions!

I imagine Odin has been briefing Thor about the various potential trouble spots in the universe--part of his continuing efforts to groom him to be king. It's possible Thor had several someones in mind and hoped that it wasn't any of them that manipulated his brother. Assuming Thanos ranks in, say, the top 10 universal threats, then I would say yeah, he does know who he is.

Has Odin tangled with Thanos in the books? (Aside from anything in the Simonson arc, I mean) The only reference I could dig up was some story line where Thor goes insane (which I don't suppose they are going to do here )

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote