View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #121
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
I really wont argue with that. But shoe horning him in X-3 as a random mutant didn't do him any justice either.

He should've been portrayed as a Hulk/Thor class threat which he wasn't.
I agree with these various points.

The stepbrother link to Xavier is a bit forced, and has now been swept aside by Charles having Mystique as a sort of step-sister in the house. I don't mind that, to be honest.

Adding Juggernaut to X3 didn't really work. He was there only for that wall-crashing action sequence inspired by a jeans commercial (rather like Multiple Man was only there for a forest decoy scene, Arclight only to shatter the plastic weapons, Psylocke only to materialise out of a wall and Quill to impale Dr Rao on his spines).

I agree entirely Juggernaut should be a Hulk/Thor level threat. But at least he looked better than Blob in XMO: Wolverine (who was fine in the early scenes when he was just big and not blobby, but didn't look right when they made him the Blob).

Blob and Juggernaut are difficult to pull off, but Avengers Hulk have since proved that special effects are now advanced enough to create huge beings convincingly.