Old 11-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #260
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
@herolee10, @Jon(Aqua) (Anyone else is welcome to weigh in, too.):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Do you think comics-Odin would give the order elizah suggests, to abandon the defense of Midgard in favor of the defense of Asgard? Do you think movie-Odin would give such an order? (elizah: I assume you have a no opinion on comics-Odin and obviously have a position on movie-Odin )

I agree. It could be a huge cliffhanger!

This exiled-Thor idea is growing me. So if Thor is outcast (um, again) and living on Earth at the end of T:TDW:
1. That's another cliffhanger--how will he reconcile with Asgard given that they surely will need him for Surtur.
2.As I said, it adds power to Thor's declaration, "For Midgard!", in the iconic moment.
3. I've always felt having Surtur show up at the end of Thor2 would make the movie overstuffed, and cheat all the fights in the rush to get through the whole story. But there were two things I hadn't figured out about the alternative: a) what would fill out the rest of Thor3 and b) what would keep knowledgeable fans curious? I mean, if it's *just* the Surtur fight, everyone who's read the Simonson arc will know exactly what to expect, and there's no suspense.

Maybe this idea addresses all of these aspects.

Ooo! <shiver>

Apologies to those avoiding spoilers for putting most of this behind spoiler buttons.
I think it actually makes sense to finish this movie off with Surtur. Makes a good point. We would know who is coming. Idk if I want Thor exiled again. I want to see how he has matured. He may get sent to earth, but i dont want him to loose his powers.

And yeah, Odin would definitally tell thor to abandon midgard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, in my honest opinion regarding the matter:

1. I could see Movie-Odin resorting to abandoning the Earth if he feels like he has no other choice. I remember on how in "Thor 1", Odin mentioned on how much he had to sacrifice in the past in order to maintain the overall peace, and given his ancient age, this is probably a person who has gotten used to having to make big sacrifices if push came to shove.

2. Rather than being exiled, I could see Thor choosing to leave Earth, in a similar manner that "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" had done when Thor left Asgard at the beginning on his own free will after getting into a argument with Odin. Thor's development as a character could eventually evolve through the course of the next Avengers and Thor film (Thor 3) where Thor realizes that Earth is well enough in capable of hands of defending itself and that he doesn't need to be there as much as a result.
Not sure if I agree with the EMH way. I wouldn't mind seein him on earth for a bit. But not when earth problems are his only problem. I will want more than 50% of his problems to be asgardian related

basically, i don't want him, or the ga to forget he's asgardian

get what im saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
True!

Thanks! I can see that. They would be very interesting developments. And I guess I have to add "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" to my backlog as well (sigh).
EMH was greaet lol