View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #221
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post

People make fun of the Blake thing and say it's dumb that he figured it out because he "saw Bruce's pain". He never said that. He saw his anger. We all lose people and eventually have to bury the pain and sometimes anger that comes with that, without a doubt. But it's different in the case of Blake and Bruce. Their fathers were both shot and killed by criminals. They had a specific shared experience. I'm not saying it makes literal sense, but it makes movie sense and it makes emotional sense. That scene truly didn't bother me. On top of that, the orphans were already making up stories about Bruce being Batman. So that thought was already with Blake when he first saw Bruce and didn't come out of nowhere. He just had a gut feeling that it ended up being true. And his gut continues to be an asset to him throughout the film and quickly gets him promoted to detective.
That is exactly how I feel on the situation. I've always thought as Blake never really knowing and just guessing and it just happening to be true rather than Blake actually knowing. I do still however think the reasoning behind it all is a kinda weak (though not as bad as some on here make out).

Blake is one of a few things I have zero issue with in the film. I think he is a pretty damn good character played to perfection by Levitt, I watched (500) Days of Summer and 50/50 recently and Levitt seemed like a cop in TDKR. He seemed very mature, smart, brave and strong he brought the character to life. As someone who was growing up in a world with Batman and Gordon and the Dent act he is exactly the way I'd envision him to be with all the attributes above but also a little naive.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.