View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #154
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I considered Raven going with Magneto to be a very dangerous decision for her. Thats my problem with it. Shes not a dangerous person at all in this film. Shes pretty helpless for the most part. Add to the fact that Charles knew her for so long and it just kind of came off as him just not caring and closing a plot line for the sake of connecting X1. Rogue going for the cure I consider a bit different circumstances. I have my problems with that film as well. But she wasnt joining a team half consisted of murderers led by a guy who wanted to take out man kind or anything.

I dont think it needed to be a mega moment though. I thought it actually interrupted the main climax moment, fell flat and rushed to a conclusion for her. If they dwelled into her becoming a darker character it would have been more fluid and made more sense to me. I never got the sense that war and violence was this Mystiques deciding factor over good. Or that Prof X would be so cool with someone joining clearly bad people where they could actually get killed or be responsible for starting a war. Its just a really tough scene for me to buy into.
Xavier never preaches or coerces though. He is man who allows choice. If not, he could have undone most of the events we have ever seen him linked to, by using mind control. The only serious, controlling thing we saw him do was meddle with Jean Grey's mind.

We all make our own choices. Xavier and Magneto simply represent the two poles.

War and violence isn't the deciding factor. Being free to be who you are (who she is) is the deciding factor. Erik isn't promising death and terrorism, he actually says they will form their own society where they can be what they are. That's the appeal to her.