View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #272
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Yes to both of these.

and yes as jaqua99 stated too, from what I know of comics Odin he'd likely abandon Midgard like a hot mess. Especially with so much bad going on "upstairs"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I dont think exile, I think more choosing to "sacrifice" (as in the the synopsis) his role on Asgard to defend Earth, and while Odin isnt happy that doesn't mean he wont take him back. What Thor does in this instance is not anywhere near the same as his attack on the Jotuns, or all the bad stuff Loki does, so no reason to exile Thor. What Thor does is out of love not hate. it'll just bother Odin that he now seems more loyal to Midgard than Asgard. not a good quality to have in a king.

RE: Surtur, I'm still leaning towards seeing him in Thor3. I think we are too jam packed with stuff at the moment and he'd be better served later as the major bad in Thor 3, not just showing up at the end to possibly kill Odin. Plus I think it may be too early to kill Odin. I've always assumed there would be at least 3 Thor movies.

I'm currently mulling over the scenarios of where Thor could be living at the end of Thor 2 and why, but will get back to you in a bit about that.
I prefer Surtur to appear in 3 as well. I am hoping for a post credit scene. But the snyopsis is making me think otherwise