View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #350
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
As long as neither of them are released during each other's theatrical run, which they won't be, they aren't really competing. I don't think WB would care if Justice League made them a lot of money, but Avengers 2 made more.

I'm not sure what you mean by them pulling it out of their asses without time or care. They hired Will Beall, a comics fan, in 2011 and he wrote the first draft over a year. And the movie is 3 years out and they're searching for a director now. Joss was hired less than 2 years before the release date of Avengers and did a complete rewrite.
Not so much direct competition as slight genre & event film fatigue. Even if Star Wars, JL & Avengers are all 10/10 films with zero overlap in box office run it's difficult to get as excited about all 3 individually as I would if they weren't all coming out in the same year. My excitement for Amazing Spider-man for eg was minimal this year as I could only think Avengers & TDKR 1st. Spidey came & went, was fine & if it had been coming out another year I would have been anticipating it daily 2 years out.