View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

ANd I'm just going to stick this stuff I posted about "moral sacrifice" from the Thor thread in here, since Marvel Freshman just brought this subject up in the Spoilers/Pictures/News thread. In case anyone wants to talk about this here too...

Something interesting I've been considering. There is a bus on the new set pics with a movie clearly titled "Moral Sacrifice" advertised on it. This is very very likely something that is a hint as to what is in store for Thor to deal with in Thor 2. I would be very very surprised if it wasn't. How do you think that "moral sacrifice" might influence the story for Thor in Thor 2?

And I dont believe it's just a random movie title, "self sacrifice" was clearly a theme for Thor in Thor 1, so seems like a story about "moral sacrifice" is a likely follow up. My theory with some recent spoilers so tags...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
at the moment the theory I have, explains why Thor is alone fighting the Dark Elves and Malekith in these new scenes filming now. If he is asked by Odin to let the Dark Elves have Midgard, because there is so much bad going on in Asgard and the other realms. With the fighting in Bourne Woods shown a while back, it seems like there may be another non elf army threatening everyone else as well, and so it's seen as "for the greater good" that Thor just stay on fighting for Asgard and to help fight off this army, and ignore for now what happens to Midgard. But this is not a "moral sacrifice" Thor can accept. He vowed to defend Midgard and wont stand by and let it be taken over or destroyed, and so he deserts Asgard willingly, and defies father again, and goes down to defend Earth against the Dark Elves anyway. This would certainly make Odin less likely to make him King if he seems he's more invested in saving and protecting another realm than staying and defending Asgard and getting the other threat back under control. but at the same time, I can't see Thor doing any less than trying to defend Earth in such a situation. So... thoughts?

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote