View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
By the way, from that same site I linked in the first post, in another article mentions " The sequel will be mostly set in Asgard and other worlds with the cast of Asgardians being doubled according to Kevin Feige." I have not been able to find the original article to reference for that. Has this been mentioned here before and confirmed? If so anyone have a link to the original interview? Idris I think said something like this too about the cast coming in (not doubled but a new cast of characters). But it seems like we're missing A LOT from the IMDB and cast list if this is so.

If true that the Asgardian cast will be doubled (and I'm assuming he means main speaking cast) then to start with we have:
Odin, Frigga, Thor, Loki, Sif, Heimdall, Hogun, Volstagg, & Fandral

So 9 more than that? Really???? Because, if that's right, man that's A LOT! And there are only two definite (for likely speaking roles) so far: Tyr and Einherjar Captain

edit: Idris said in a vid interview recently: "We got a great set of new characters coming in" and in another previous interview said "In the new film were going to get to know Heimdall the Asgardian a bit better, and were going to get to know Asgard a bit better, Elba said. I cant say too much, but the expansion of Thor in his world is going to be huge.
I remember writing up an article on CBM about that. Kevin Feige never said it, but it was included in exclusive reports that Brian Kirk was in talks to direct. The article I wrote up took quotes from Variety & Movie Web.

Quote:
The "Thor" sequel is expected to feature a large cast of Aasgardians and creatures in the Norse mythology-set world.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...NBrY2Y.twitter

Thor 2 is expected to double its cast of larger than life Aasgardians and mythical Norse creatures, making it one of the largest scale Marvel adventures to date, second only to The Avengers
http://www.movieweb.com/news/thor-2-...iations?page=4