View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:20 AM   #223
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Thanks man. Yeah, it's not really worth the time honestly, it's mostly complaints you've heard before with a few newer, more perplexing ones thrown in. The guy sounded reasonably smart too so I was surprised that he said he had no idea what was going on in the stadium scene.

Another cool thing about that scene is that I think the "unsung hero" trigger-man aspect of Bane's plan is also a dark mirror of Bruce's goal of wanting to inspire Gotham with the assurance that a "a hero can be anyone". It's like the ultimate twisted perversion of that ideal. The mirrors between the two characters are constant throughout the movie, from obvious things like Bane using Camo Tumblers, to little visual cues like Bane's escape with Pavel as a callback to Batman escaping with Lau, as a lot of people pointed out after first seeing the prologue.
I only saw this figurative meaning until my third viewing. But the 'unsung hero' is literally Talia, is it not? She has made her way into Gotham's elite, and is a key part of their biggest corporation.