View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #637
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Spare me the dramatics. Nobody is refusing to accept anything. There's a difference between not agreeing with a point of view, and refusing to accept that someone has one.

The only ones doing the belittling are the ones who accuse the critics of "not getting it" or "it being their own problem and not the movie's problem". I can give you many links to that, too, if you really want to push this point.

Nice indeed.
No thanks. Don't subscribe to that particular viewpoint.

But if it's links you want...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard
Plenty of posters have been called on "making things up" or "reading into" films a bit too much over the years. There's "interpreting" films, and assessing whats actually there, in the content of the writing and the film itself, and there's making stuff up. The latter seems to be happening a bit more these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25
The lengths people are going to to defend this movie are ridiculous. I'm glad Fudgie and The Joker are in here arguing with you guys because I don't certainly have the patience for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie
It's only in your mind.
So you might want to take a closer look when making claims such as "the only ones doing the belittling..." (and those are just three quotes in a 26 page thread). Not to mention you even acknowledged one of the above posters earlier in the thread, so you're either being intentionally ignorant or a hypocrite.

The belittling takes place on both sides, whether you want to admit it or not. It always does in debates such as this. But it's clear you don't like some particular aspects of TDKR, which is perfectly fine because: 1. it's your opinion and 2. you raise some valid points and are not the only one. I myself was disappointed with some aspects, especially immediately after seeing the movie, but I have managed to reconcile some of them in the meanwhile (not saying you should as well). But the reasons for which TDKR disappointed some of us are probably a subject for a different thread.

What I don't understand is this: why is it such a big deal when some people want to see aspects that you didn't like about this movie in a positive light? I mean, it's not like they're trying to see something positive in cinematic abominations such as Twilight or Transformers, which everyone seems to dislike. This is Chris Nolan's Bat trilogy, one of the best trilogies in recent memory. Is it your disappointment with TDKR or is it something else? Because during my time on these forums I've consistently noticed this trend. And I understand that Nolan's take just wasn't everybody's cup of tea, but what's the issue with it being anyone else's?

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html

Last edited by BatmanBeyond; 11-17-2012 at 09:01 AM.
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote