View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #40
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Nice! Lots of replies make me Where to start...hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Didn't they say shooting wraps next month? And we've already had major set pieces filmed in England and Iceland, and at least a few "behind closed doors" in the studio....I *seriously* doubt there's any more major casting left to be done.

That quote about doubling the "cast of larger than life Asgardians and mythical Norse creatures, making it one of the largest scale Marvel adventures to date, second only to The Avengers," says nothing about speaking parts. It likely refers only to the number of extras in the movie, and we've already pretty much seen that proven at Bourne Woods.
I agree, no major casting but certainly some minors could come in for some minor speaking parts to help give the story more "heart" and background for the established characters. It could also very well be that these minor characters have been kept secret and already filmed, we just dont know about it. Idris has said something about getting to know Heimdall and his world better, not that we'll get to see Mrs. Heimdall, or the little Heimdalls. LOL

And another point, if all the 9 realms are involved, then we should see Vanaheim and Alfheim, and that would require a couple speaking parts for those characters, and we have not heard anyone casting for that. However, there was a casting call early on for attractive blonde men and women, natural blondes, and I think something about doesnt mind skimpy outfits. Now, I don't know about you all, but that sounds like Alfheim and light elves to me. The natural blonde thing in particular would be because it's easier to dye the hair lighter or the same color than if someone has died hair. And the Asgardians have no need to be natural blondes and haven't been seen wearing skimpy outfits to date.

come to think of it, (Alfheim speculation)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I wonder if the Stonehendge scene that was filmed with the "naked guy" (if that is true) could be dressed up to look like a site on Alfheim possibly. Like maybe Stonehendge was created by the Light Elves based on places of worship on Alfheim. Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
elizah72,

Great thread!

Your ideas could be all right or all wrong, but the way you think outside the box is genius. You definitely have brought up some very interesting ideas that I think will have many of us wondering if there is any truth to it, until more information becomes available and clarifies things. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Surfer
Thanks! And you're welcome! I love trying to piece this stuff together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
The one caution I would have is that the articles are from the middle of 2011. They may have changed a few of the ideas around since then.
True that aspect could very well have changed.

Quote:
Yeah--by the time the movie comes out, we will have figured out for ourselves enough different plots to get through, say, Thor 27! What fun!!
LOL... I wonder at what point do the Marvel snipers show up at a person's house if they are getting to close to the truth? LOL... umm.... *looks nervous*

Quote:
Well, and the way you get to a good idea is to play with a lot of ideas. There are some aspects that don't work for the various ideas, and in considering why they don't work, we get new ideas.
and sometimes headaches as well... lol...

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote