View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #43
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Actually... this is film so...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You could have Odin and Loki on Asgard fighting Surtur or Hela or both, Odin says "For Asgard!", at the same time cut to Thor on Earth fighting Malekith and/or Kurse and he says "For Midgard!" and then cut back to Loki's face, in response to what Odin just said, just mutter with a roll of the eyes, "For myself..." Could work. I'm tellin' ya. It would be a hell of a twist if Thor didnt make it back in time and blamed himself, and the Asgardians blamed him too.

Edit: and come to think of it, it makes A LOT more sense for Thor to say "For Midgard" in this context. Hm... I wonder if that's what he's bellowing in that funny picture someone snapped of him. I will LMAO in the theater if it is.
I could see that.

Quote:

The moral sacrifice being...
that Thor is being asked to let Midgard be taken to protect Asgard and other realms. So in other words, let that one realm go in order to save the many other realms including Asgard. This is not a "moral sacrifice" that Thor can accept however. So he in a way, will be seen as failing Odin and Asgard, but being triumphant for Earth... as the synopsis said "most perilous and personal journey yet" that will "force him to sacrifice everything to save us all".
Okay. I thought you were alluding to a different moral sacrifice.
I wonder if Thor will be asked to make some moral sacrifice so as to free Jane from the malevolent spirit.

Quote:
On Andrew Lawden...

I'm still just a little bit skeptical of some of what he says, some could be him trying to piece things together and making leaps that are not going to be true (they film out of order, so he could be making assumptions that aren't correct) , and some could be misinformation fed out in order to keep fans off balance. One question I had about it for instance, isn't this week the first we've seen of Natalie filming Thor 2? I'm pretty sure we'd have heard about it if she was in Iceland at all. Also, I just can't believe all this was put out so willingly. It may be true, it may be not true, either way the whole thing is strange.
Aw, what's the fun in that? We don't guarantee any of our ideas or assumptions to be right; why should we require it of the stuntman?

It is kind of convenient that he comes out with these very specific ideas, apparently with the studio's blessing. Brings to mind the Oscar Wilde quote: "[T]here is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

Regarding Portman, she was spotted in London on 30 October. So she could have done a lot of sound stage work in the meantime. And it's possible that she would be in scenes in the movie that are in the same sequence as the Iceland footage, though I'll agree that that might look a little disjoint.

Quote:
I like the idea you have about the crater and where the Dark Elves are marching in from. That makes sense.
Actually, having slept on it, I like it a little less. A space ship crashing into the ground ought to have more momentum and require a longer stretch to come to rest than they have room at that campus (unless most of the trench is handled digitally).

Quote:
On Jane opening a portal, I just question why they would want to, or anyone would allow her to do that after what happened in Avengers when a portal was opened. They dont know what's on the other side, and probably don't want to know.
Actually, I would think that they would regard it as in their global security interest to have this technology, rather than rely on other races to provide the access (or take it away) whenever they deign to do so. Studying it also would enable the development of better defenses against future incursions into Earth's airspace, as it were.

The dark elves may feel similarly. Maybe they've been poaching Midgardian tech for years, but aren't quite expert at it, and that's why their ships tend to crash lol

Quote:
I'm thinking more that Heimdall is keeping an eye on Jane
That's probably happening too.

I don't know if this next part requires a spoiler button, but to be on the safe side, I'll add it.

Seeing more of the pictures that people are posting in the main spoilers thread, people have noted that Thor has two scratches on his forehead. We collectively have supposed that has to have come from a *really* big blow, likely from Kurse. That would put this footage late in the film, meaning it is likely on Svartalfheim. (We don't think everyone would travel all the way to Midgard for the showdown, do we?)

And some of the footage we think more clearly is on earth. I mean, why would a whole bunch of dark elves get dressed up in battle armor and climb one-by-one over a pile of rocks in their own realm? So it's kind of confusing.

So I wonder if certain locations in Svartalfheim are not just evocative of places in Midgard, but exactly the same. That would mean some of the scenes they are shooting at Greenwich University are on Svartalfheim, and some are on Midgard.

Quote:
I think in regards to the Bourne woods scenes

That if it's Hela then it may very well be her ship of the dead that she is building that crashes. Like I said that was posted at about the same time they were filming that, and I'm having a hard time picturing a ship flying into Asgard and crashing into *that* massive palace and a stuntman/guard running away. Maybe, but I'm thinking it could be Karnilla's much smaller palace being attacked, assuming this is Nornheim. I think they may very well be working with the Dark Elves to co-ordinate attacks. But I think if they are going to show two big ships crashing like this, they need to make them different.
That's a reasonable point, but why would Hela attack Karmilla's palace? Wouldn't she want to hit the Asgardians?

You are right in that that spoiler came out about the same time as they were shooting the Bourne Woods footage. They don't necessarily shoot scenes in close sequence to one another, so it might be that this crash is at some other part of the movie.

To refresh my memory on the overall storyline we're thinking here, let me know if I'm remembering all this correctly.
Hela marches her army of dishonored dead and has a battle at Bourne Woods, in Nornheim

(or else it is the Vanir or a coalition)

Meanwhile, the Naglfar crashes into Karnilla's palace (or some other small palace).

The assault at Bourne Woods presumably is unsuccessful, thwarted by Thor, Sif, Warriors Three, and various other Asgardians.

The dark elves are allied with Hela, and we need a McGuffin yet (if we don't want to use the ones offered by Andrew Lawden) to get Thor down to Svartalfheim to battle Algrim. We also need a McGuffin to get Jane into a scene with Odin. The dark elves might attack Midgard, but it's not clear what the motive is.

Surtur is manipulating things behind the scenes. Likely he is working through Hela. Surtur changes Algrim into Kurse, perhaps indirectly.

Hela sees this as a chance to gather more souls. Malekith sees this as a moment of power vacuum, with Odin's power waning. Surtur sees this as a chance to get back at Odin for the clash they had millenia ago.

<more plot we haven't figured out yet that brings Thor and Kurse together. Also, Tyr shows up.>
<Alice Krige does something. I guess the most likely idea is as Hela.>
<something happens at Stonehenge. Maybe a portal to Alfheim, maybe to Svartalfheim?>

Perhaps Thor decides not to live in Asgard at the end of the film. (Avengers Tower is an obvious housing choice.)

How's that?

Last edited by American Maid; 11-17-2012 at 10:21 AM.
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote