View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #969
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I'm not just talking about how he's written though. What if they get a really good actor to play him, and he brings out a brilliant performance, much like people are praising Ben Kingsley, or have done for Heath Ledger? The actor could turn him into a classic movie villain, and then he'll essentially become the General Zod of the FF franchise where the general audience thinks he's either Superman's only real nememis or arch enemy (not helped by MoS).

For Doom they would need to get a really seasoned and oscar winning actor this time - someone older too. Definitely not a second rate tv actor that's for sure. I remember when McMahon's name was in the hat for James Bond when Pierce Brosnan was being fired from his role and before Daniel Craig had been cast. I think he was once on Leno (or some similar show) and did his "Bond, James Bond" impression, and it sounded awful.
My own current pick to play Doom is John Noble, with the proviso that, yes, you likely need a younger actor for "Young Doom" scenes, and a very good stunt man inside the armor.