View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #44
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Actually... this is film so...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You could have Odin and Loki on Asgard fighting Surtur or Hela or both, Odin says "For Asgard!", at the same time cut to Thor on Earth fighting Malekith and/or Kurse and he says "For Midgard!" and then cut back to Loki's face, in response to what Odin just said, just mutter with a roll of the eyes, "For myself..." Could work. I'm tellin' ya. It would be a hell of a twist if Thor didnt make it back in time and blamed himself, and the Asgardians blamed him too.

Edit: and come to think of it, it makes A LOT more sense for Thor to say "For Midgard" in this context. Hm... I wonder if that's what he's bellowing in that funny picture someone snapped of him. I will LMAO in the theater if it is.

HA! COOL! I watched that as a kid.

I think Odin knows at least something about when he will die, and I suspect that's what the coronation at the beginning of Thor might have been about.

The moral sacrifice being...
that Thor is being asked to let Midgard be taken to protect Asgard and other realms. So in other words, let that one realm go in order to save the many other realms including Asgard. This is not a "moral sacrifice" that Thor can accept however. So he in a way, will be seen as failing Odin and Asgard, but being triumphant for Earth... as the synopsis said "most perilous and personal journey yet" that will "force him to sacrifice everything to save us all".

On Andrew Lawden...

I'm still just a little bit skeptical of some of what he says, some could be him trying to piece things together and making leaps that are not going to be true (they film out of order, so he could be making assumptions that aren't correct) , and some could be misinformation fed out in order to keep fans off balance. One question I had about it for instance, isn't this week the first we've seen of Natalie filming Thor 2? I'm pretty sure we'd have heard about it if she was in Iceland at all. Also, I just can't believe all this was put out so willingly. It may be true, it may be not true, either way the whole thing is strange.

I like the idea you have about the crater and where the Dark Elves are marching in from. That makes sense.

HA! Well they have big ears, not big eyes... so...

On Jane opening a portal, I just question why they would want to, or anyone would allow her to do that after what happened in Avengers when a portal was opened. They dont know what's on the other side, and probably don't want to know.

I'm thinking more that Heimdall is keeping an eye on Jane and so if Thor shows up suddenly in her world for whatever reason, that Heimdall told him that she's in danger or he needs to talk to her about something she's doing that she shouldn't do, such as what you suggested with the portal.

I think in regards to the Bourne woods scenes

That if it's Hela then it may very well be her ship of the dead that she is building that crashes. Like I said that was posted at about the same time they were filming that, and I'm having a hard time picturing a ship flying into Asgard and crashing into *that* massive palace and a stuntman/guard running away. Maybe, but I'm thinking it could be Karnilla's much smaller palace being attacked, assuming this is Nornheim. I think they may very well be working with the Dark Elves to co-ordinate attacks. But I think if they are going to show two big ships crashing like this, they need to make them different.

And keep in mind, if Feige and Marvel is smart then they need to think outside the box, and think of ways to surprise not only the general audience but the established comics fans. Otherwise no surprises for them, and where is the fun in that?

I agree, some adjustment, but it could work. As mentioned elsewhere it's a bit confusing to the general audience to have 2 female figures associated with death here.

Yeah I know! Yay!
These posts are so long and I am getting mentally mixed up lol so I am just going to respond to each one, numbered.

1. I could see that. Though I would prefer at some point
Thor joins his father and brother against surtur

2. I agree, Odin seems to be a bit..weary. I still hope we get a display of his power though, really displaying himself as the most powerful being in the 9 realms as Loki said.

3. BINGO! (that just happened, your day has been made) I think this is probably what's going to happen, having to abandon midgard. This is some analytical thinking, you should be a lawyer, or an analyser lol.

Anyway, i can also see Odin eventually seeing the good of Thor. Seeing the dedication to something he cares about..midgard, even though Asgard is his home, he can see that he feels strongly enough about something. Odin being far more wise than thor, or any of them, I can see him appealing to that, and agreeing in the end, and in his eyes, he understands and that it will make Thor a better king.

4. Regarding Andrew Lawden or whatever. I wouldn't say I am skeptical, I think he believe what he said. I think he MAY be mixing some things up, or remembering things wrong. But generally, that is probably what happened, in a way, Regarding the attack. I mean it's not a WHOLE lot to be putting out. Marvel hasn't pulled him back. Its tricky

(i cant put this in spoiler tags cause i posted it by mistake..and am editing it)

Regarding Hela. I just have a hard time believing she is the villain in the backround. I know they can change things, and it will be good to shake things up/ But the point is Surtur is such a great ending/part of that arc, we are expecting him, and highly anticipating it. Having it changed to Hela, would sort of be like a....wait...what the hell? type thing...not too sure a lot of people would enjoy it. And again, I can't really see Hela being something that predates the universe itself..especially if she has some direct blood relation to Loki...loki is about 1000 years old...the universe is MUCH older than that. I think Hela is going to be in this movie, but that villain being aluded to in the synopsis is most likely Surtur.

Last edited by jaqua99; 11-17-2012 at 11:41 AM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote