View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #49
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

By the way those couple of videos on the main spoiler thread today with Malekith...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
with his arms raised and lights and the big light behind him and such... really making me wonder about Marvel Freshman's idea about Svartalfheim was bleeding into Midgard (like a dimentional rift maybe or something, not just a worm hole). It could definitely be just him transforming Kurse, however that happens, but clearly something BIG is going on there, with all the cameras going around him as he raises his arms, and the lights. Hmmm...

And We still haven't sorted out how Malekith might transform Kurse, if that is the case, and why he doesn't do it sooner against Thor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
3. BINGO! (that just happened, your day has been made) I think this is probably what's going to happen, having to abandon midgard. This is some analytical thinking, you should be a lawyer, or an analyser lol.
OH! I got a BINGO! In capital letters, no less! Yay me!!!

I think we have to separate what we want to happen and what certain clues seem to be pointing to happening if we want to get anywhere near the truth.

Quote:
Anyway, i can also see Odin eventually seeing the good of Thor. Seeing the dedication to something he cares about..midgard, even though Asgard is his home, he can see that he feels strongly enough about something. Odin being far more wise than thor, or any of them, I can see him appealing to that, and agreeing in the end, and in his eyes, he understands and that it will make Thor a better king.
that could certainly be too. But again if...

Odin dies, he takes Surtur out by sacrificing himself (I think something similar in the comics, right?) and if Thor is fighting the Elves on Midgard, and either Thor doesn't get back in time, or gets back to Asgard just as Odin and Surtur have their final battle and a bit late to try to stop Odin dying, then Odin will not be the one judging him. It will be the other Asgardians. And see "moral sacrifice" and patriotism etc. that I quoted up there again. If that is the way the Asgardians think, then they could conceivably shun Thor for deserting Asgard in its greatest time of need, and the death of Odin. Certainly that is a heavy weight for Thor to carry going into Avengers 2 where I believe Joss said he would be getting more personal and twisting a few knives with the characters there. And it would give a very plausible reason for Thor to be hanging out on Earth, shunned and blaming himself for what happened to Odin, (though maybe someone will tell him to read the comics, it happens that way anyway. lol). And of course that could potentially set up Loki on the throne of Asgard for Avengers 2 and maybe even Thor 3. Because he is already recognized as an heir to the throne of Asgard, no matter what he's done, and enough other Asgardians may agree that he has a right to that, (as has happened many times in our own history with monarchies). Some Asgardians may even agree with what he tried to do in Thor 1 to the Jotuns (they all dont necessarily know his true parentage, and they are the "monsters parents tell their children about at night"). Who knows, but it certainly sets up an interesting scenario for both Thor and Loki and completely turns their previous dynamic on it's head. Even if Loki goes in to leadership this time with some good intentions, you know it wont' be long before mischief and mayhem make an appearance.

Quote:
Regarding Hela. I just have a hard time believing she is the villain in the backround. I know they can change things, and it will be good to shake things up/ But the point is Surtur is such a great ending/part of that arc, we are expecting him, and highly anticipating it. Having it changed to Hela, would sort of be like a....wait...what the hell? type thing...not too sure a lot of people would enjoy it. And again, I can't really see Hela being something that predates the universe itself..especially if she has some direct blood relation to Loki...loki is about 1000 years old...the universe is MUCH older than that. I think Hela is going to be in this movie, but that villain being aluded to in the synopsis is most likely Surtur.
I might be coming around to believing that finally. it's a lot to put in there though, and I'm a bit concerned you and some others will be disappointed if he's left up to say the very end of the movie for like 5 minutes tops.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote