View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #71
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Batman just whupped Bane's butt and broke his mask. How is Bane a better guy for the job?
Simple. Bane is still the most powerful non-Batman person in the room. You don't go "oh, well Batman broke the powerful guy's mask, so lets have some weaker people watch Batman now." Its a simple practical decision.

Quote:
He knew he was whupped that's why he was gonna shoot Batman while he was tied up like the big coward he was.
His motivation isn't really relevant here.

Quote:
There was only minutes to go before the bomb went off. Risk was minimal.
Risk was minimal, but somehow Batman still saved Gotham. Like I said, Batman had already overcome every obstacle they put in his path, including disrupting the bomb's signal. Of course they weren't going to take any chances, regardless of how soon the bomb would go off.

Quote:
Bats was a goner. It was Selina that saved his bacon.
I agree that an immobilized and stabbed Batman would have been unable to stop a recovered Bane. That actually only serves to prove my argument is correct.

Quote:
Ehhh yeah they had minutes left to die. Talia had just said bye bye to him. He had no risk of being caught disobeying her since they were both gonna be ashes in a few minutes.
True. But this is the only instance ever of Talia telling Bane to do something in the film. Ever, as far as we know. And Bane disregards it, despite his supposed "puppydog love" for Talia. So what does that tell us about Bane? What do we know about him, given the limited knowledge at our disposal?

Quote:
Telling his men to keep an eye on Talia. Big whoop. I ain't saying Bane had no authority with the men. Duh obviously he did. He just was not the head boss man. That was Talia.
There is absolutely no evidence in the film that Talia was the leader. None. The only reason people think that is because of one interaction between her and Bane. Your statement here is pure conjecture and not suggested by anything in the film (which actually suggests that Bane is the leader, IMO, as he is frequently shown giving orders).

Quote:
He has two scenes, he is named as Ra's Al Ghul, he tells Bruce he is now a member of the LOS, he tells Bruc he has to go to Gotham and destroy it. It was the same principle but with less screen time. One guy appears to be in charge but he ain't.
I don't see how it is the same principle at all. I think you are greatly stretching the parallel.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.