View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #253
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I'm not talking about the overall story. I'm talking about individual scenes. There are many scenes in TDKR that are exactly like certain scenes in the comics down to almost every line of dialogue. You're right when it comes to the overall story of TDK being influenced by the comics but I was specifically talking about individual scenes. TDKR has more individual scenes that mirror individual scenes in the comics than BB and TDK did (and in my opinion, some of them don't work well together in the context of the movie).
Okay...it sounded very much like you were talking about the overall story. I would say the major moment lifted from the comics is Bane's breaking of the Bat. And the fact that he says the words "I will break you."

Really though, besides that and the one cop saying "You're in for a show tonight", what other moments of dialogue are directly copied and pasted from the comics? I mean, I'm sure there might be a few but I just can't think of them. The No Man's land stuff was an inspiration but it wasn't a direct lift. It was total chaos in No Man's land, not an revolution under an enemy occupation.

I guess for me the comics references felt similar to the previous two films, barring the Bane Bat-breaking scene, which was probably the most direct comics to film scene in the trilogy. I thought given the 2:45 runtime though, it was nice to see a lot of love shown to the Batman lore. I know you think the film fails as a Batman movie though, so to each his own. I felt like the film was a love letter to this character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Those TDK days were some of my favorites on here. Nearly everyone was ecstatic. When it hit the billion mark at the box office I swear I could hear champagne corks popping in every Batman fan's house across the world lol.
I wish I had been posting here during those days. I lurked for the longest time...but yeah, TDK was a special time.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158