View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #286
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Exactly. That's just how I see it. It doesn't have any impact on the movie. We don't even hear about it until Talia's reveal, and like with her character it's just revealed and then that's that. Nothing more comes of it. We're just told this revelation and that's the end of it.

I believe the Bane being excommunicated because he was too violent thing wasn't true. Talia revealed the real reason why he was kicked out. It had nothing to do with his violent side, which dilutes his character even more, IMO. Bane sounded more fierce when we thought he was excommunicated for his violent side. Then we learn it's because he was just a reminder of what happened to Ra's wife in the pit.

Once again, very much agreed

I've been trying to explain that to a certain party for nearly two pages. I've given up that pointless task.

You're on your own if you want to try.

Exactly.

I get that there's an evolution of the characters here, but there's a difference between something like say Batman believing his war on crime would simply entail taking down the mob, to a movie sending the message that Batman can endure, will be hunted, is always going to need Batman several times in one movie, then is christened a Dark Knight, only to have him cease to exist in the following movie.

Well of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIBSuYAPAI

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote