View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #53
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I'm going to try to do this by bolding the stuff I'm replying to...
That was fairly readable, although I suspect composing this reply will be a bit more challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I summarized:
Quote:
The assault at Bourne Woods presumably is unsuccessful, thwarted by Thor, Sif, Warriors Three, and various other Asgardians.
elizah replied:
Quote:
Don't know yet. The videos I watched made it seem like they were being overpowered, so they may lose ground. My thought is that if it's Hela's army they may be triumphant in the outskirts, making their way to Odin's palace and surrounding it.
While I am really jazzed by this idea (not what you expect from mighty Asgardians), logistically it might not fit. If Hela is able to march too quickly on Asgard City, Asgard could fall before we get around to Algrim, Kurse, etc.

I summarized:
Quote:
Hela sees this as a chance to gather more souls. Malekith sees this as a moment of power vacuum, with Odin's power waning. Surtur sees this as a chance to get back at Odin for the clash they had millenia ago.
elizah replied:
Quote:
Probably if Surtur is in it. I might add to Malekith's motivations may be linked to being "vengeful" over whoever messed him to to be half dead (or whatever).
That's true. I had forgotten about that aspect.

elizah continued:
Quote:
If it's more of a vendetta against Thor, than Odin, then that could be why he goes for Jane and Midgard.
But why would Malekith even know who the heck Jane is? He has to go out of his way to nab her ono Midgard (less of an inconvenience if she is in Asgard).

This is (one of the reasons why) it makes more sense to me to have her continue the portal research. That's something everyone is interested in. So the dark elves could be coming after her because of her portal knowledge, not knowing that she has even met Thor. Thor would be on the scene when the elves make their move (because, as you point out, Heimdall sees all). And Thor could perhaps betray that there is something sincere between them (probably a little more than a crush, for this to be relevant two years after the events of Thor1, but certainly not love) by his reaction should the elves grab her. And then Malekith could be like, "Oh really? Is that how it is? So much the better!"

elizah said:
Quote:
But we know there will be at least one Adewale x Renee x Anthony scene, per the actor, so hm... it could be a past scene showing how Malekith got messed up, and could still be Thor that does it but mom and dad come in to stop Malekith from killing him. (YAY to the idea of some young Thor and/or Loki flashbacks!)
I'm a little cool to this staging, since the first thing that came to mind was Harry Potter as a baby.

elizah asked:
Quote:
Come to think of it, where does Frigga likely go if she dies early in the film? Valhallah or Hel?
Complicated question: in myth, doesn't die. By the rules in the books, probably Hel. But the loophole is that Odin chooses who goes to Valhalla. So she could go anywhere the writers need her to be

I kind of feel that wherever she goes, Thor & Co. are not likely to cross paths with her later in the film.

Edit: I forgot one plot element we had previously discussed: After Kurse kills Malekith, Thor successfully persuades him to lead the dark elves into an era of peace with Asgard.

I said:
Quote:
Perhaps Thor decides not to live in Asgard at the end of the film. (Avengers Tower is an obvious housing choice.)
elizah said:
Quote:
Yup. Other than the frequent loud parties and frequent alien attacks, I bet it's like paradise!
It's probably Thor throwing the loud parties. Drinking, and smashing glasses and so forth. . .

Last edited by American Maid; 11-17-2012 at 03:58 PM.
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote