View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #356
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I feel your pain. We've gotton ridiculously little, even in terms of the set photos in which only a few were hq and fewer showed supes with his cape and on top of that, we really only got them during the rather lengthy Piano shoot.

The release date being back is the main cause of this “drought" but still, youd think they'd wanna save face and try to fill, what was at the time of the delay, a massive amount of time till the release with more promotional material. HELL, this much time to promote couldve been a blessing rather than curse it looks to be shaping up to be.

They need to get something out because they are bordering Green Lantern levels of failure with their marketing and if nothing drops soon, they could face as big or even bigger flop.
Honestly, and I don't mean to be insulting, but I really think this attitude is characteristic of how spoiled (like children) we've become as filmgoers and fans. It's now expected for there to be trailers a year in advance, with regular releases leading all the way up to the opening. I really don't think them holding off on a trailer (for a reasonable amount of time, I might add) is going to equal a massive flop. Also, remember, we here as dedicated fans do not share the same perspective as the average audience. The marketing needs to win them over, not us (they've already got us), and starting early isn't always the best way.