Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #362
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Honestly, and I don't mean to be insulting, but I really think this attitude is characteristic of how spoiled (like children) we've become as filmgoers and fans. It's now expected for there to be trailers a year in advance, with regular releases leading all the way up to the opening. I really don't think them holding off on a trailer (for a reasonable amount of time, I might add) is going to equal a massive flop. Also, remember, we here as dedicated fans do not share the same perspective as the average audience. The marketing needs to win them over, not us (they've already got us), and starting early isn't always the best way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
It's called over saturation. Once the trailer comes out with The Hobbit, there will be a full 6 months to promote this movie. That is more than enough time to build awareness with the general audience. Now if this were the month of March or April, then I would be a little worried.
Fair enough.

I don't mean to sound like a whiny fanboy and yes I understand promoting to much too soon before the film releases equals oversaturation.

I do think theyve waited a reasonably amount of time considering the delay but honestly and yeah i was a bit dramatic, but i still feel they are reaching the point where they need to promote.