View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #159
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Also, just wanted to say that when I saw the second video marvel_freshman was kind enough to post, that I at first thought Malekith was in his red costume and I nearly freaked out, but then I realized it was just some sort of light filter. Perhaps the red light is a nod to those die hard fans that were hoping for a more comic accurate costume.
Surfer
Some comments I've read bring up the intriguing idea that the red light might be caused by the Power Gem. If Jaqua's Infinity Gems theory turns out to be true, and Loki really was given the Mind Gem in the Avengers for his sceptre (as many believe), then it's in the realm of possibility that Malekith is given the Power Gem in TDW. (Although I'm still not on board with the idea of Thanos handing out Infinity Gems like candy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Quick question, is Odin vastly stronger than the likes of Maliketh and Kurse? Since, if that were the case; with those two being such a big threat to Asgard and the nine realms, unless Odin was already weakened by something previously, why wouldn't Odin just simply get rid of them himself?
Screenwriters' excuse: Odin is weakened from using too much "dark energy" to shuttle Thor to and from Earth in the Avenger movie.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014