View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #289
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I figure I'd post some gifs of her from the previous film. Granted, while I'm well aware and understand/agree with some of the criticism towards Jane's character, I did like the chemistry between the two.
<deleted>
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
Im with you there.

Its sad that so many criticize their relationship so hard.
While not creating a full blown romance, I think almost everybody whos been in love should know, that two days of knowing someone are more than enough to have a crush on them.
Thanks for the gifs, Herolee10!

I'm sure it will be no surprise to read that I agree with you guys LOL!

Hopefully they fix the weak parts of Jane's character, or at least reduce them. (Maybe improving those parts could even be a little character arc for Jane.)

As I've mentioned in the other threads, given the plot point rumors we've received, I'm having a hard time seeing how they will make progress on the know/like/love conversation that Feige mentioned in his Collider interview. But it will be interesting to see what they do.

The other note that I think will be tricky for the filmmakers to get right is this: the events of this movie are at least over a year after Thor1, perhaps 2-2.25 years. So Thor and Jane probably need a little bit more than a crush to sustain their interest in each other long enough to want to bother finding each other in Thor2. But as SimiOfDoom says, it's not a full-blown romance, either.

And there are very few details available at present. But I guess they can't let us know everything in advance!

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote