View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #170
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Some comments I've read bring up the intriguing idea that the red light might be caused by the Power Gem. If Jaqua's Infinity Gems theory turns out to be true, and Loki really was given the Mind Gem in the Avengers for his sceptre (as many believe), then it's in the realm of possibility that Malekith is given the Power Gem in TDW. (Although I'm still not on board with the idea of Thanos handing out Infinity Gems like candy.)

Screenwriters' excuse: Odin is weakened from using too much "dark energy" to shuttle Thor to and from Earth in the Avenger movie.
I don't think the gem looking thing on Loki's staff was a Mind Gem, I just think it was part of the Spear of Destiny. I mean with a name like the Spear of Destiny you don't exactly want it to look like just any old spear, and being that it's a comic book movie giving it a type of power makes sense.

Also, we know that the Infinity Gauntlet resides in Odin's vault. So, what the Gauntlet is just a glove without gems? It really doesn't make sense, and if it's being suggested that the Gauntlet had the Gems to begin with, but that Loki took them and gave them to Thanos, so that Thanos could hand him one back, well (as you kind of said in your comment above about not being on board) to me that just make no sense what so ever. First off Loki wouldn't give them to Thanos, and Thanos definitely would not be giving them back.

As for the screenwriter's excuse thing you posted I really hope they don't make Odin weak again in this movie. What I would really like to see is that Malekith releases Surtur and the Sons of Muspel on Asgard, but it's only a distraction for his ultimate Goal which is to conquer earth. So, Odin expects Thor, Loki, Sif, Heimdel and the Warriors three to fight the Sons of Muspel, while he goes off and takes on Surtur, but when Thor learns of Malekith's intentions to conquer earth. He leaves Asgard to save earth, where he battles Kurse, Malekith and his dark elves. After saving earth from this threat he returns to Asgard and learns that Asgard won the battle, but not without a lot of destruction and death one of those people who died being Frigga.

So, that is kind of a long the lines of what I would like to see.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."