View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #174
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Hokay, some of these did not come out as well as I had hoped!

I found myself up in London and stuck in traffic this morning, spur of the moment thought was to swing by Greenwich and see what's going on. I've done this a few times before and seen the set pieces for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Les Miserables and when they aren't shooting the University campus is open again to the general public and you can wander in and around the set.

So I ambled along the River Thames (past the Cutty Sark, if you are ever in London its well worth a visit) towards the Uni. I could see cranes, trailers, lots of security guys in his vis jackets and way too many tourists. Getting further in and over on the right I see the red double decker bus! I've seen pictures of its right side but not the other so I walked around to see if there was a different fake-film ad on that side

Sadly not, same thing over there but still pretty cool to see anyway. Behind the bus were the cast trailers and what looked like catering trucks. I decided to walk around the outside of the buildings by the main road and saw that they had covered a huge section of railings in the blue material ready for some CGI stuff (I tried waiting for those people to leave but there were taking FOREVER)

Swinging my attention round towards the middle area (where Thor was smashing dark elves on Friday) and there are some scorch marks and parallel scars cut into the turf. This one didn't come out so well but if you can see the roped off bit in the middle, its in there.

And another look back at the blue-screen bits, behind these railings is the Maritime Museum and behind that is Greenwich Park.

There wasn't much more to see around the outside of the buildings so I walked through the middle towards the action. They were building some sets pieces and now the Uni has its own fake underground station complete with Evening Standard newspaper seller.

Then on to the main set. Lots of guys were moving things around ready for tomorrow and it was pretty funny to see them lugging around these huge blocks that were supposed to represent the pillar wrapped in blue

Half a cab! In the background, is that your fake sun?

waffles, thanks for sharing. I especially like the last picture you took, because it's the first time we can really see the kind of light they used to make that fake sun / portal thing. I was really curious if it was one huge light or several smaller lights creating the effect, and now I know.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."