View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #404
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

I don't know think there is any need to have a pissing contest between LOTR and TDK. Yes, what Jackson achieved was amazing and he deserved that win, especially for Director, in 2003. However, what Nolan achieved is certainly quite stunning and did elevate the genre into respectable art (sorry to disagree, Cronenberg), at least with the second two. For that reason, I do believe TDKR deserves at least a token 10th nomination. There are better movies this year than TDKR (though TDK in 2008 is a different story....), but I am sure it will be better than some of the fare the Academy chooses to recognize anyways--think Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close last year.

And it certainly has a better shot than some of the films naysayers on this board are suggesting will get in in front of it like Looper, Cloud Atlas, Life at 40 and, in all honesty, I think it has just as good a shot as The Hobbit. But that is only because I think
the Hobbit will disappoint next month.

--John Adams