View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #657
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
That's a nice post. You know, I think the Nolan team made some bold choices. Like for example, it is customary for a superhero film (or a superhero story) that the hero makes the sacrifice. But here, since Bruce already did that in TDK, in Rises the stakes are different. Bruce is fearless of death, in fact he longs for it. Yet at the end he chooses to save himself, and continue to live a normal life.
"You don't fear death, you welcome it."

I was a bit surprised when realising recently just how much Nolan and Co. borrowed from Miller's DKR in terms of Bruce's state in TDKR, including the aspect you mentioned. I hadn't actually read DKR until recently, I had just read about it. Then again, it shouldn't surprise me considering Nolan's made a habit out of taking particular aspects from Batman comics and graphic novels and adapting them to fit the story he was trying to tell.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote