View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #75
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Also note at the bottom there, the "fun fact" <about Odin's ship>

I that someone came up with that idea. Makes me hmmm... maybe Odin is the one who doesn't know how to land his ship without crashing into a palace? Huh, AM?
Lousy Asgardian drivers. . . .

Pretty convenient ship, though.

Quote:
<Frigga evacuates the children of Asgard>
Good idea. I can see her doing that. And then in an attack on Vanaheim she is killed defending children? Possibly. Would be an honorable way for her to go. I just dont want it to be something lame, just to have her die and move the plot forward, she should go down fighting with honor.
Yeah, really. In the book, they encounter a troll, and the kids handle it. But it would be better for Frigga to handle it.

And actually, if she is somewhat removed from the rest of Asgard, that might explain why Odin was not able to meet whatever threat it is that kills her.

Quote:
I agree I can see realms being annoyed at having an appointed Asgardian looking over them.
I feel there is a theme of the relative positions of the realms shifting, becoming on more equal footing. The light elves may well believe in acting in the service of the good, but not being able to self-govern I think would be a grievance. (But they would be very polite about it)

Quote:
I would really like it touched on what is going on after Thor 1 [in Jotunheim], but I agree we may not get that. Hm... I wonder if the Frost Giants and the Fire Demons get along at all?
Maybe in an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of way.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote