View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #191
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
Let me just first say that I am all for Surtur being in this movie, and I think he will be.

But here's the thing....if Surtur is going to be invading Asgard, maybe Earth, how does Thor fit into Avengers 2? How would he go from impending Ragnarok to "Oh hey guys I'm here to help you. Nevermind my home possibly on the path to destruction, I'll come help you guys instead."

Based on that thinking and this line from the synopsis " force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.", I think at the end of the movie we'll see Surtur emerging and Thor ending up stranded on Earth. That way, we set up Surtur in Thor 3 without derailing Thor in the Avengers, and it would build in a reason why he would be with the Avengers when his home is getting destroyed.
Good points.
Maybe that's the cliffhanger --- Thor will be trapped into getting isolated on Earth while Malekith summons Surtur to Asgard to go stomp Odin's ass, and there's nothing Goldilocks can do about it.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014