View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #82
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Little something I caught off of tumblr again (and yes take with a grain of salt, but probably true.)

Duh. Yeah, I know, of course he is. but I was imagining him in solitary confinement or even where the Destroyer was kept. Not expecting he'd be in a regular prison. Wonder if we'll see any other well known Asgardian baddies in there for a cameo?

This all makes the "so I'm just another stolen relic locked up until you might have use of me" all the more sad.
The prison is probably just a holding cell while Loki awaits trial; *not* a final incarceration after sentencing. I'm sure his actual sentence will be the canonical banishment to eternal torture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Entirely possible. Or there is just too much going on in the fight.

OR, as you said about the prison being removed from the palace maybe. Maybe she's visiting Loki there, and leaving when she runs into an attack on her way back. That would upset Loki, I'd think. And still I hope she goes down fighting. That attack could be some of the Bourne woods stuff, I suppose, since it would make sense the prison might be on the outskirts and she'd have to travel to go see him. And then Thor fights, thinks they've won and pushed the attackers back, only to find Frigga among the dead.

I just looked back at the Lawden spoilers actually and he says the Dark Elves attack Asgard (although those Bourne Woods guys are certainly not Dark Elves, making me suspicious that Mr. Lawden was making some incorrect assumptions ) and then he goes on to say during the Asgardian attack Frigga is killed. So maybe both Hela's army and the dark elves do attack all around Asgard at once in the beginning, and the above scenario happens for Frigga before Odin can put up the forcefield or whatever plot device to keep them at bay for a while.

well we dont know what they'll do in MCU, I would think that would mean introducing Freyr and Freya, and they wouldnt necessarily do that. Although you could make them part of the Vanir, since they were originally from Vanaheim. And maybe that's who the Light Elves align with.

True. Although I see a lot of large frost giant sized puddles in the future. LOL
Why would Hela be attacking Asgard? Those Marauders are clearly just a mercenary army gathered from races all across the universe and apparently even the timestream. I'm 90% sure they're in the employ of Thanos and are there to make good on the threats to Loki in Avengers ("If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can't find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something as sweet as pain").

All these Vanir and Light Elves and Frost Giants and Hela and Freya and Karnilla and all those characters that you guys are speculating on are bloating the script into something that would be unmanageable on film. If Marvel was in the business of making 3-hour Lawrence of Arabia epics, I could get behind this; but it's clear that they're sticking with basic 2-hour(ish) screenwriting, so you're most likely not going to get much more villainy beyond Malekith and Kurse's Dark Elves, Thanos' Marauders, and probably Surtur's Fire Demons.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote