View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #83
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The prison is probably just a holding cell while Loki awaits trial; *not* a final incarceration after sentencing. I'm sure his actual sentence will be the canonical banishment to eternal torture.
Comics or Myth Odin would do that, yes probably. MCU Odin, no. Absolutely not. I vehemently disagree with you on that. If you think that then you completely missed the relationship that was set in place as far as Odin's feelings towards both his sons in the first movie. Thor was not going to torture Loki for Nick Fury to get information out of him about the Tesseract, and Odin will certainly not be sentencing Loki to torture either. Prison, banishment, removal of powers yes any or all of those. Not torture.

if we ever get that iconic Loki snake cave eternal torture scene in MCU, and we may, it's going to be someone else that does that to him, possibly Thanos.

Quote:
Why would Hela be attacking Asgard?
Because she wants more power and to expand her kingdom? That's in the comics, isn't it?

Also, the thing Tom said about "for all intents and purposes Hell breaks loose" that would tend to point towards Hela's army breaking loose, wouldn't it? If he's trying to give something away without giving everything away. HOWEVER. I can see, now that I think about it, that it could only mean Surtur and his army (Fire is hellish) hitting Asgard as well as the Dark Elves. So that could be another possibility too. Although I think we'll still see Hela at least in a cameo.

Quote:
Those Marauders are clearly just a mercenary army gathered from races all across the universe and apparently even the timestream. I'm 90% sure they're in the employ of Thanos and are there to make good on the threats to Loki in Avengers ("If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can't find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something as sweet as pain").
Again some may question why he'd go to so much trouble just for Loki, when he probably is more interested in "courting death" and what Earth may have to offer. At least that's what I was told when I suggested a while back that the after credit scene might have Thanos, or an agent of Thanos, grab Loki to set up for Avengers 2.

I dont know, we're all just speculating. Like I said if anyone wants to come of with their own treatment for what they think will happen, and fit everything in, have at it.

For instance IF what you say is the case, and these guys are employed by Thanos to get to Loki in his prison on the outskirts, and Frigga dies during the battle maybe, and Thor has to fight them off. Well that *could* work for those Bourne scenes however, *that* would seem to be bloating the script with an unnecessary villains attacking. The writers could certainly come up with a much more subtle and less expensive way for Thanos' people to get their hands on Loki, if he really wanted to punish him right away. Wouldn't you think?

Last edited by elizah72; 11-19-2012 at 10:27 AM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote