View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #85
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Comics or Myth Odin would do that, yes probably. MCU Odin, no. Absolutely not. I vehemently disagree with you on that. If you think that then you completely missed the relationship that was set in place as far as Odin's feelings towards both his sons in the first movie. Thor was not going to torture Loki for Nick Fury to get information out of him about the Tesseract, and Odin will certainly not be sentencing Loki to torture either. Prison, banishment, removal of powers yes any or all of those. Not torture.
I'd say Odin's feelings towards Loki might have changed by the end of Thor 1. Yes, when the movie began, he still loved Loki and probably was burdened with guilt; but now that he knows that Loki usurped his throne, manipulated a new war with the Frost Giants, destroyed Bifrost, and tried happily to murder him, I'd say his warm and fuzzy towards the bastard child have dimmed somewhat.

Quote:
Again some may question why he'd go to so much trouble just for Loki, when he probably is more interested in "courting death" and what Earth may have to offer. At least that's what I was told when I suggested a while back that the after credit scene might have Thanos, or an agent of Thanos, grab Loki to set up for Avengers 2.

For instance IF what you say is the case, and these guys are employed by Thanos to get to Loki in his prison on the outskirts, and Frigga dies during the battle maybe, and Thor has to fight them off. Well that *could* work for those Bourne scenes however, *that* would seem to be bloating the script with an unnecessary villains attacking. The writers could certainly come up with a much more subtle and less expensive way for Thanos' people to get their hands on Loki, if he really wanted to punish him right away. Wouldn't you think?

I think Thanos is after the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's Treasury, pure and simple. I believe he uses a massive assault by mercenary marauders as a calculated diversion to draw the greatest Asgardian warriors (Thor, Heimdall, Sif, The Warriors Three, maybe Loki) away from Asgard City, and then it's easy pickin's. Getting revenge on Loki is just a pretense; he really doesn't care about Loki at all, and most likely knew Loki would fail in Avengers anyway. In fact, I'd say he *counted* on it, so that the Tesseract would wind up in Asgard --- right where Thanos wants it. Now he's got a backdoor into Asgard.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014

Last edited by cherokeesam; 11-19-2012 at 11:01 AM.
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote