View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #87
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'd say Odin's feelings towards Loki might have changed by the end of Thor 1. Yes, when the movie began, he still loved Loki and probably was burdened with guilt; but now that he knows that Loki usurped his throne, manipulated a new war with the Frost Giants, destroyed Bifrost, and tried happily to murder him, I'd say his warm and fuzzy towards the bastard child have dimmed somewhat.
See, it's things like this that make me wonder if people are watching a completely different movie than I did.

Thor started the war with the Frost Giants. Thor did that because Thor wanted to break some heads and "crush their spirits" so they would "fear" them. To Thor at that point, fear was power and fear was respect, much like Loki feels in Avengers. And not only that, Thor goes to Jotunheim and gleefully starts fighting them just for the thrill of a fight. How many do you suppose he killed unnecessarily when he could have just walked away or not gone down there at all? Hmmm? Not the same as trying to bully the humans, no... but still NOT GOOD THOR.

Thor destroyed the Bifrost (to stop Loki, true, but Thor still did have responsibility for that as well)

Loki did NOT usurp Odin's throne, Odin was in Odinsleep, and Thor was banished, and apparently Frigga was not going to leave Odin's side, so the throne was GIVEN to Loki for that time. (and watch the deleted scene on this sometime, for that matter, and explain to me how he usurped Odin's throne with that scene in mind. He seemed as surprised hell. Not that that's canon, I'm just saying... )

And for heavens sake, Loki did NOT try "happily" to murder Odin. He set up Laufey so he could prove to Odin that he was the worthy son by killing Laufey in front of him, and then getting rid of the frost giants. He tried to kill Thor and friends, yes. But Odin. NO. *shakes head* If he wanted Odin dead he could have killed him in the vault with no witnesses, or let Laufey kill him before he took out Laufey but he didnt want Odin dead. He wanted to prove himself to Odin, and he wanted Odin to stay alive.

as for Odin's feelings yes, he may have changed some, but I think the look on his face prior to Loki letting go, and his response afterwards, tells you that Odin was heartbroken and blamed himself for Loki's behavior, as any caring parent would do when faced with a child that is so troubled and committed such crimes. Anyway, to get back on topic, I fully expect that feeling to carry over into Thor 2.

Quote:
I think Thanos is after the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's Treasury, pure and simple. I believe he uses a massive assault by mercenary marauders as a calculated diversion to draw the greatest Asgardian warriors (Thor, Heimdall, Sif, The Warriors Three, maybe Loki) away from Asgard City, and then it's easy pickin's. Getting revenge on Loki is just a pretense; he really doesn't care about Loki at all, and most likely knew Loki would fail in Avengers anyway. In fact, I'd say he *counted* on it, so that the Tesseract would wind up in Asgard --- right where Thanos wants it. Now he's got a backdoor into Asgard.
I believe Feige confirmed somewhere that Thanos would NOT be in Thor 2 (or at least not a major villain as your suggestion implies). But saved for Guardians and Avengers 2. Someone tell me if I am not remembering that correctly.

Last edited by elizah72; 11-19-2012 at 10:59 AM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote