View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #88
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The prison is probably just a holding cell while Loki awaits trial; *not* a final incarceration after sentencing. I'm sure his actual sentence will be the canonical banishment to eternal torture.

Why would Hela be attacking Asgard? Those Marauders are clearly just a mercenary army gathered from races all across the universe and apparently even the timestream. I'm 90% sure they're in the employ of Thanos and are there to make good on the threats to Loki in Avengers ("If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can't find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something as sweet as pain").

All these Vanir and Light Elves and Frost Giants and Hela and Freya and Karnilla and all those characters that you guys are speculating on are bloating the script into something that would be unmanageable on film. If Marvel was in the business of making 3-hour Lawrence of Arabia epics, I could get behind this; but it's clear that they're sticking with basic 2-hour(ish) screenwriting, so you're most likely not going to get much more villainy beyond Malekith and Kurse's Dark Elves, Thanos' Marauders, and probably Surtur's Fire Demons.
Exactly what I was thinking. It would be cool, but that is simply too much to get into in a 2 hour film