View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #226
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I agree with you that movies need to keep the story simple and the number of characters parsimonious. I would like to note that the stories that came out at the time the casting of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje said that he would play both Algrim and Kurse. That implies that he will be transformed. Likely it would be an entity like Surtur that will be referenced in the film anyway, and may appear (rather than introducing an otherwise unneeded character like the Beyonder). And likely they won't have as much about Kurse charging around trying to get at whomever he holds responsible for what happened to him. So maybe he won't get amnesia. But it seems that the transformation part of his arc is more likely to be shown.
Thanks American Maid, that is good to know. I once again don't have a problem with them sticking with the origins of a character (as a matter of fact I prefer it), but they need to be able to make it work within the context of the film and not have it feel forced or out of place. If they can do that, then I'm good.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."