View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #244
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
A while back I speculated that Selvig was losing his grip on reality because he was referring to the Tesseract as if it was sentient. Then I found out that cosmic cubes (as someone else pointed out, there is more than one, at least in the books) could become sentient. So then I wondered if Selvig is still kind of residually affected by the Tesseract.

Could Loki manipulate Selvig and thereby manipulate the Tesseract? (Selvig is in this Greenwich University scene too)

Of course, this is steering us toward Loki-as-chessmaster territory, and various people associated with the film have commented that Loki was not going to be the villain this time around.
Yeah, Selvig could easily be taken over by Loki again through mind control (as has been shown in previous movies), but the Tesseract is not on earth anymore, so Selvig can't get a hold of it by himself even under Loki's control. In addition Loki doesn't really need Selvig to operate it. The way I see it is if Loki took the Tesseract again (from perhaps Odin's Vault) even if just for a moment, then he has already gotten his hands dirty, so why would he not just use it to create Kurse himself?

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."