View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #509
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
Haha. Warner Bros can't rush together a sequel within 2 years.

The earliest we could get a MoS sequel is 2016. You should hope JLA comes out in 2015, because if it gets pushed back.. it will likely take the 2016 spot.

At the moment,it's a priority.

If this was the Archie Comics or something along those lines, perhaps. But this is an action-driven superhero.The New 52 is shifting the focus away from Superman's love life onto bigger and better things that have stronger appeal to the main demos reading the comics.

Domesticated Superman ran it's course in the 90s and stayed on longer than it should have. There was major division at DC over it. It's done. End of an era. Moving on.

No different than the kiss between Bruce and Rachel, or between any superhero and his love interest in the first film. Hardly an indication of an actual couple.

That's how studios work.

The difference between the likes of Bruce and Rachel vs Clark Kent and Lois Lane is that the latter couple is actually a canon couple that has a long and detailed history within the comics so it's more easier to assume that the latter would form some type of romantic attachment with each other than the likes of Bruce and Rachel, who as originally created for Nolan's film series.

And I find it ironic that DC's explanation in trying to modernize Superman within the New 52 is to make him more relatable with audiences since as far as I've read, he's far from being relatable.

He's paired up with a Amazonian princess and has less humanity present within him than what was shown of his character before the New 52 mess. His Earth parents are dead and he just doesn't come off as the inspirational hero that he was famously known for being.

And honestly, if the JLA film ends up being a huge disaster and if Henry was attached to that project, couldn't that hurt MOS as a property as well?

As far as I'm concerned, Warner Bros. hasn't given any reason for me to believe on why their attempt in making this film will be a good thing since for all we know, they may just make things more worse for them than better.

I would rather wait for a JLA film that's been carefully planned and timed like how Marvel did with the Avengers than just picking up any scraps thrown at me by them.