View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #510
Deathstroke
Banned User

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The difference between the likes of Bruce and Rachel vs Clark Kent and Lois Lane is that the latter couple is actually a canon couple that has a long and detailed history within the comics so it's more easier to assume that the latter would form some type of romantic attachment with each other than the likes of Bruce and Rachel, who as originally created for Nolan's film series.
There really is no difference based on the footage you described. It was a standard superhero film kiss. Every superhero film has one. It's a required cliche. It's hardly indicative of them being an actual couple.

Quote:
And I find it ironic that DC's explanation in trying to modernize Superman within the New 52 is to make him more relatable with audiences since as far as I've read, he's far from being relatable.

He's paired up with a Amazonian princess and has less humanity present within him than what was shown of his character before the New 52 mess. His Earth parents are dead and he just doesn't come off as the inspirational hero that he was famously known for being.

They're actually playing up his alien heritage nowadays as opposed to his humanity. Even MoS was rumored to take that approach. The SDCC footage really played up the topic of alienation.

His Earth parents serve their purpose in his childhood years. They aren't really necessary for his adult ones. They've been dead quite often in the Golden Age/Silver Age origin pieces.

I think DC is just being more realistic about the 'inspirational' stuff without sugar-coating it as many Superman interpretations do. But none of that really has anything to do with his romantic relationship with Wonder Woman.

Quote:
And honestly, if the JLA film ends up being a huge disaster and if Henry was attached to that project, couldn't that hurt MOS as a property as well?

As far as I'm concerned, Warner Bros. hasn't given any reason for me to believe on why their attempt in making this film will be a good thing since for all we know, they may just make things more worse for them than better.

I would rather wait for a JLA film that's been carefully planned and timed like how Marvel did with the Avengers than just picking up any scraps thrown at me by them.
First we'll have to see if MoS will even be a franchise and whether it makes enough to satisfy Warner Bros to greenlight a sequel.

Keep in mind, Nolan and Thomas are likely gone due to the politics at Warners. Robinov may be on the way out. The incentive to make another Superman may be much less if the film doesn't perform really well.

Snyder's track record is iffy. Things could go either way for MoS.