View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #558
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
I'm sorry. She is a clearly a troll who posts unfounded and debunked pseudo-science in order to get a rise out of people.

I doubt anyone here would call marijuana harmless, but linking it to causing schizophrenia is unfounded. The gateway drug theory has been debunked repeatedly. And there is growing research showing that the drug has some benefits.

You don't have to like it, or the people that use it (I'm not one, by the way), but classifying it in the same schedule as heroin and spending billions on marijuana enforcement is objectively preposterous. Demonizing a relatively safe drug - a drug with zero recorded overdoses - is reckless and wrong. And if you think that prohibition reduces use, you're wrong.

Does the drug cause a minimal amount of harm to users? Sure. But so what? Fatty, sodium-laced food will kill you. Aspirin will. Too much water will. Marijuana won't. It creates criminals out of otherwise law-abiding citizens and wastes taxpayer money. To prohibit it because of relatively minor health concerns is a ridiculously disproportional response.

That, ma'am, is why you are a troll.
Me opposing your views and having arguments that YOU deem invalid (even though they are not), does NOT make me a troll. You calling me a troll makes you a narrow minded bafoon who cannot see the other side of the argument.