View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #477
EvilClareToo
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer4444 View Post
I'm with squeekness, give him someone new.

EvilClareToo, I gotta disagree with Storm being the best candidate. Even leaving out the fact that Storm was a kid when they met, I don't know, that pairing just seems weird to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the relationship that they have too, I've recently been getting some old X-men issues (from about the time Gambit joined), and I love their bit in it. It seems like a very unique relationship in the X-universe. And speaking of their friendship, have they had any interaction whatsoever in recent years? Those early 90s issues are the only ones I can think of with a direct interaction between the two. They should bring back that dynamic.
I totally agree with you and squeeks...I would love someone new for Gambit (but not Joelle, please no...) I just mentioned Storm because from a neutral standpoint, it does look good on paper. But I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel execs don't start thinking in that direction now that Storm is a free agent. These are the same guys that destroyed the whole Gambit/Rogue thing and turned it into the carwreak that it is today.

Storm and Gambit had quite a bit of interaction in 2000's in Xtream X Men, where Gambit and Storm actually kissed, and she admitted that for the first time she was jealous of Rogue. That was the first time I thought, hmmmm, that could be interesting done right. The friendship dynamic was brought out again in the Gambit/Storm vampire story, and their scenes in the X-23 series.

EvilClareToo is offline   Reply With Quote