View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #785
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
I think the show should be heavily connected to the movies, in the sense that the movies provide context for the show. This is the world we are operating in, superpowered beings and aliens and everything that comes with the Marvel Universe. That said, it must be able to exist on its own in that the plot points don't have to necessarily impact or be impacted by the movies. This is why I think that if we are going to see Marvel heroes (and we are), they should be street-level. It works within the budget for a TV show and the storylines can be mostly independent of the movies, while still maintaining threads into the MCU.
That's exactly what I'm thinking, especially the bold. If the show was running when Avengers came out, I'd really only want there to be one episode directly dealing with the cleanup.

On the other hand, I hope there are at least a few things from the show that add to the movies directly. Like, again if the show was running when the Avengers came out, I wouldn't mind seeing a street level hero that was established on the show (Luke Cage?) fighting off on the side of the NYC battle.