View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #376
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
He's also been suggested before for the role in one of this threads previous iterations, and I'll repeat my argument from then: Matt Damon, or an actor similar to him (an actor ususally cast in heroic or anti-heroic roles who's just a generation or so older than Cavill) would be perfect for the role because he'd bring good-guy charisma to a nefarious bad-guy. We need someone who can almost convince us he is taking a principled stand against "the alien" while still having the range to go really dark.
I agree completely. Lex must be likeable and charismatic because we need to believe that the public is totally sold on him as a visionary and a good guy.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.