View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #49
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

Default Re: Bane or the Joker?

I really can't choose either one, because IMO they both stood out in their own way, but I have to say that whoever thinks Joker had more over Bane in really any area needs a good whack on the head. Joker was a lunatic bent on destruction for the attention he would get from Batman. Bane is the polar opposite of Batman and superior to him in almost every way.

Joker is a street fighter- Bane is a pure bred striker and martial artist. Joker makes use of crudely jury rigged explosives, knives, and stolen police firearms- Bane makes use of military grade explosives, vehicles, and weapons. Joker is manipulative and twists peoples minds based on their insecurities and fear- Bane has a genius level intellect and is a master manipulator, tactical planner, and strategist. Though it's never stated outright, Joker clearly learned the ropes of being a mobster and common criminal-Bane was trained by ******* ninjas.

As for motivation, "cause chaos and get people to kill each other" just doesn't cut it for me. Ruining Batman financially and physically, seizing control of the city, fulfilling Ra's Al Ghul's dream to destroy Gotham completely and make Batman witness his failure is a much more sinister, high stakes sort of plan.

The impact they had, again no contest its Bane. Joker got a few dirty cops, punk kids, One conflicted District Attorney, and escaped crazies to put on clown masks and blow stuff up. Bane got the majority of Gotham to side with him, implement martial law , and usurp the wealthy from their positions of power. and I'd like to add that bane succeed where Joker failed in killing the Mayor.

Joker is level 50 max level villain. Bane is level 51.